If a recipe takes more than 30 minutes, I’m not interested, ya feel me? I started making this super easy Greek pasta YEARS ago and now have modified it to be gluten free (also easily dairy free). This dinner makes an appearance a couple times a month because it’s so quick and EVERYONE loves it!
12 oz Jovial gluten free penne (Tinkyada also works)
1 lb Organic Valley pork breakfast sausage
1 green bell pepper, julienned
1 red pepper, julienned
1 red onion, diced
2 cloves of minced garlic
1.5 tsp Gustus Vitae Greek seasoning
1 can Muir Glen organic fire roasted diced tomatoes *
1.5 cups Pacific organic chicken broth
1/2 cup unsweetened almond or non sweet milk
1/4 c King Arthur gluten free flour or arrowroot starch
salt + pepper to taste
Parmesan and mozzarella optional
*if you don’t have this, you can sub 1 tsp dried basil and 1 tsp salt
**I like this brand because it’s BPA free
1. Get pasta water boiling
2. Brown pork sausage with peppers and onions in largest skillet or wok you have
3. Add greek seasoning and garlic, stir a few minutes
4. Pour in tomatoes + chicken broth and bring to a boil
5. Mix flour and milk in separate bowl til smooth and slowly pour into skillet, stirring to thicken sauce
6. Let simmer for a few minutes, then drain pasta and add to mixture— let sit awhile for flavors to meld
7. Sprinkle with handful of mozzarella and 1/4 c parmesan and stir in til melted.
Enjoy your new favorite meal and thank me later!
Wondering who's the mysterious wordy genius behind these posts? Follow this little rabbit trail to read more About Me! The use of the term genius is open to interpretation, as is everything on this blog.