Growing up, I feel like we had stuffed peppers almost every week and somewhere along the road to adulthood, I forgot all about them. Until I found my mom’s recipe and discovered how INSANELY easy they are to make and yet completely delish.
These are perfect to make for lunches all week, or a couple of dinner. 20 easy minutes of prep with 5 simple ingredients and you are DONE!
5 Ingredient Stuffed Peppers
6 Bell peppers, green or colored, whatever your preference
1 lb grass fed organic beef
1 yellow onion, chopped
2 cups cooked Lundberg Family Farms white rice
1 large or 2 small cans Muir Glen Organic organic tomato sauce (chunky or regular)
2 TB Simply Organic garlic salt
Preheat oven to 350.
1. Get rice cooking (takes 15 min)
2. Brown beef with chopped onion (drain)
3. Clean and cut tops off peppers, removing seeds
4. Once rice and beef are cooked, combine in a bowl with tomato sauce, garlic salt and mix
5. Place peppers in a glass baking dish and fill peppers with stuffing.
Cook for 1 hour.
Optional: Shred pepper jack or monterey jack cheese on top during the last 5 mins of cooking. This goes really well with corn as a side!
I cannot explain how quick and easy these stuffed peppers are! Seriously, try it and report back :)
Wondering who's the mysterious wordy genius behind these posts? Follow this little rabbit trail to read more About Me! The use of the term genius is open to interpretation.